From tree branches of the Cinnamomum family
Powerful spice used medicinally worldwide for thousands of years!
Native to the Caribbean, South America, and Southeast Asia.
Consumed in ancient Egypt to cure sore throats, coughing, and arthritis from medieval times!
Join Gulzaar Foods as we trail and discover CINNAMON, the second most popular spice, following black pepper in Europe and USA!
Appearance and Description
Harvested from the inner bark of the Cinnamomum tree, it has been used for thousands of years.
- It dates back to Ancient Egypt 4000 years ago.
- A rare and valuable spice, it was sold at high costs and given as gifts to royalty.
Cinnamon is loaded with effective health benefits and adds a delicious flavor to meals as well!
The sweet warm taste brings in a house of full flavor!
CINNAMON Health benefits
- Just half a teaspoon has positive blood sugar effects
- Ranks on top of the herbs and spice list for antioxidant levels
- It helps with digestion, immunity and much more......
Cinnamon comes in all forms, whether it is the pure bark, ground spice or as an essential oil.
- Fights diabetes
- Fights viruses and infections
- Sweetens recipes without added sugar
- The life of spice; cloves, nutmeg, pepper, cinnamon |UNESCO Courier. Findarticles.com. 1984.
- "Cinnamon, spice, ground, per 100 g". US National Nutrient Database Release 28, United States Department of Agriculture. May 2016.
- "Cinnamon". Encyclopaedia Britannica. 2008.