Join the Gulzaar Foods journey of herbal discovery in the woodland habitats of North America. The flowering plant is in Canada too!
Appearance and Description
- Grows up to two feet tall.
- White or grey flowering heads.
BLACK COHOSH Uses
- Cohosh root is known as herbal remedy thousands of years by indigenous American groups.
- It is used as a ''natural cure for all'' and found as a dietary supplement.
- Black Cohosh tea is a preferred beverage.
BLACK COHOSH Health Benefits
Black Cohosh reduces inflammation.
- This eases menopause and menstrual symptoms.
- Eliminates spasms.
- Promotes restful sleep.
- Improves the immune system.
- Prevents cramping
- Relieves aches and pains and nervous tension
Anti-inflammatory ActionUseful for sore throats, high blood pressure, and congestion.
It decreases the possibility of blood clots that cause heart attacks.
Reduces Menopausal Symptoms
It reduces hot flashes as well as night sweats for women going through menopause.
Improves Digestive Health
The herb eliminates waste products, reducing constipation and conditions like gastric ulcers.
Black Cohosh reduces nausea flatulence and cramping.
It stimulates contractions during labor and speeding the birthing process, reducing labor and delivery risks.
A natural sedative, it helps with insomnia.Mood Swings Reduction
Body hormonal balance regulates stress and moods.
- Mahady GB, et al. (2008). United States Pharmacopeia review of the black cohosh case reports of hepatotoxicity. Menopause, 15(4): 628-638.
- Leach MJ, Moore V. Black cohosh (Cimicifuga spp.) for menopausal symptoms. Cochrane Database
- Gorman GS, Coward L, Darby A, et al. Effects of herbal supplements on the bioactivation of chemotherapeutic agents. J Pharm Pharmacol 65(7):1014-1025, 2013.Gorman GS, Coward