A majestic title for the exotic citrus
Derived from the Turkish term Beg-armudi
meaning 'The Prince's Pear"
Aristocrats in the 16th century used ''Prince Pear'' scented perfumes.
Join Gulzaar foods on a house of full flavor 'sweet lemon' sensation!
Appearance and Description
- A member of the mint family, it grows 1 m high.
- The flowers vary in color, from pink and mauve to scarlet.
- This is the unique flavor in Earl Grey tea.
- It is used for perfume scents, cosmetics and bubble bath and shower gels.
- Extensive in aromatherapy use and traditional medicines.
It is juicier and sweeter than usual lemons - "Sweet Lemons"
BERGAMOT Health Benefits
- Cures infections
- Relieves stress
- Reduces pain
- Heals skin
- Reduces fever
- Cavity protection
- Kills intestinal worms
- Relieves congestion
- High in antioxidants, the peel has many uses as well
- Natural Antidepressant
- Effective Digestion
- Powerful Antimicrobial
Bergamot in traditional Chinese healing blends helps with vital energy flow and aids the digestive system. It provides relief from intestinal gas.
- What is a Bergamot? David Lebovitz. March 6, 2011. “According to the University of California horticultural website, Citrus limetta Risso (or what are called bergamots in France) ‘are sometimes incorrectly referred to as bergamots.
- The Earth of India: All About Sweet Lime (Mosambi)". theindianvegan.blogspot.in.
- Porcher, Michel H.; et al. (1995), Multilingual Multiscript Plant Name Database (M.M.P.N.D): Sorting Citrus Names, The University of Melbourne